E-Gadgets and Computers

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Review - Jabra BT620s bluetooth stereo headphones



Having used it for more than a month since I bought it in June, I thought I'll write a review about my typical usage pattern, the sound quality and battery lifespan as well as what my likes and dislikes.

This is a stereo bluetooth headphones for you to use with your mobile phone, PC, or PDA. With an optional 3.5mm dongle, you can even use it on any equipment which accepts 3.5mm jack and listen to them wirelessly in high quality stereo.

Some advantages:
1. Flexible (Compare it to other headphones)
2. Excellent A2DP sound quality (I'm fussy about these things)
3. Long battery lifespan (Rated 14 hrs on music, 16 on phone, tested 12+ hrs on music)
4. No wires (which is the whole point of getting Bluetooth, unlike some models from itech)
5. AVRCP profile (controls the play/pause/skip on the PC and PDA)
6. Auto-switch from PC/PDA to phone when there is incoming call


Some disadvantages:
1. Pricey
2. Big (but it's quite light and really comfortable, try wearing it for 12 hrs)

I use this headphone daily, when I am driving to and from work, connected to my Sony Ericsson T630. It works really well with it, providing good voice command recognition when I want to make a call by pressing a button on the bluetooth headphone. The sound also comes through both speakers, although I will typically use only one side of it, which brings me to another plus for this headphone - it is really flexible. Do not strain it too much despite that I'm really surprised it can twist from my neck to my ears.

Besides working well with my cell phone, it also streams stereo music beautifully from my Dell Axim x51v PDA as well as my home built PC using the Jabra A320s USB dongle. It also controls Windows Media Player on the PC and Conduits Pocket Player on my PDA. I'm an audiophile (you can guess what kind of sound systems I'm into) but I'm really satisfied with the quality of the headphone. Granted, it may not be as good as the itech R35 with a $100 headphone, but you do not have the wires to mess with you, and the battery will last you twice as long. 12 hours streaming music continuously from my PC on a full charge. My typical 3-hour daily usage only requires me to charge it every 3-4 days.

Now, even though I'm almost in love with this bluetooth headphone, there are some quirks that I do not like about it. For one, the blue LEDs that lights up both speakers when you are connected via A2DP is quite irritating, and even though you can turn it off, it'll turn on automatically after a charge. Then, there are comments that I look like Princess Leia when I'm wearing it.

After all, I am really satisfied with it. If you are looking for a good sound quality, lengthy usage and completely wireless headphones for your music addiction, you should consider it. Shoot me an email if you have any queries!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LifeStyle & Fun
Beauty and You!

Previous Posts

   Watched Click? Makes me want a Universal Remote